Strange thing,
Within the last year or so, I began to experience what I perceive to be as panic attacks. Now I know things change as we get older, our bodies change but I don’t know where these things have come from. It’s a very uncomfortable feeling, my chest starts to tighten, I feel my heart booming and my body temperature raises. Thank God they’re not serious and are only mild. A few weeks ago, I experienced one on my way to the gym BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE LATE TO CYCLING. And so what if I was a few minutes late. So, anyway, I worked myself through and the way I work though the little panic attacks is by breathing.
When if first started yoga Donah taught us, and stressed the importance of breathing. Using the breath to bring yourself back to the present is a wonderful tool. Whenever I feel myself becoming overwhelmed, I control the situation by taking deep breaths into my diaphragm and exhale releasing my diaphragm and stomach completely. It’s amazing to me how important breathing is, and the significant role it plays on our wellbeing.
I realized too that when I become extremely upset or frustrated, that I’m holding my breath. And because I hold my breath, I get headaches, stomachs aches and tense body parts. Breathing is essential to our day to day functioning. The breath is linked to our life. Remember to breathe!!!
have a good night
stacI
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment