Monday, April 12, 2010

Unfulfilled

Years ago, my mentor, suggested I write a mission statement for my life. Sort of a guide to the way I want to live or the type of person I’d like to be. Here it is:

To be a spiritual woman whose actions through advocacy for the elderly, the youth, the environment and other community service activities will influence the good in other people to excel spiritually, emotionally and physically.

Currently, I’m dissatisfied and feeling unfulfilled because I’m not living according to my mission statement. Now, I’m happy with the progress I’ve made thus far on my journey to become better and I like me, but I feel stuck and bored. I’m stuck in a meaningless place where I’m unable to grow and excel. I’m a fairly creative person and this place, where I’m stuck, sucks the creative life out of me. It’s like a poison that drips slowly and pushes me down deeper into quicksand. I’m literally losing my mind because I’m not required to exert mental energy. I need to put myself out there. To volunteer, spread peace, mentor, socialize, inspire, activate, touch lives, move mountians, make changes, paint pictures... I've got a lot of love and energy to give and I'm open to receive. So, searching for fulfillment….
ttyl
stacI


2 comments:

  1. so where do you begin? do you have a plan of action for that?? I could give some ideas and suggestions if you would like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So after reading it again :)
    You want to do ALOT! I say start small with things that are reasonable to accomplish now. Like writing your blogs, that can affect people, also volunteering with Big Brother Big Sister. I did that one year in college and it was GREAT! There are so many non-profits you can volunteer with to make a difference in someones life. But, I bet you that you are already doing alot in just the friendships you have with people and relationships with others. Join a social network, now our sistah Kesha is supposed be starting one of these amongst her clients, but we know how busy her world is...just keep encouraging her!! :)

    I know exactly how you feel. I actually feel very similar...since having Gabby, and loosing a job a LOVED!! I feel empty and unaccomplished, like I don't know where to go from here. I've always had goals, and now that my life has changed I don't know what direction I'm goin in anymore. I wish I could do more to influence life but honestly I always feel TIRED!! I believe this is the nesting place for depression :(...so I can give great suggestions just not good advice because I am in a funk myself!!

    ReplyDelete