Sunday, April 4, 2010

Purge: To make free of something unwanted.

Purging. Removal. CLEANSING. Elimination. PURGING.

I recently purged to a VIP and it felt wonderful to release all those useless thoughts and emotions. I can justifiably say it was a part of the cleanse (hehe). It is important for me to purge and remove the unnecessary contaminated thoughts from my brain and heart. When these thoughts drift through, I will acknowledge them and allow them to pass (instead of refusing to eat for 24 hours over some mental foolishness--> see below). So, I think about my feelings, my actions and I adjust my mindset. And phases like the breakdown (-->see below) will come and go. It’s impossible to be positive Polly all the time. But the most important thing is to work through them. To purge. And this sequence, of up and down and up again, can apply to mostly any situation…love, personal obstacles, money, clutter and excessive unhealthy weight.

I purge hurt, fear, former abuses, procrastination, worrying, uncertainty, self-hate, neglect, frustration

Now, just because I've purged these things (or in the process of purging... hey, some things take more time) doesn't mean I won't encounter them again. Ancient observation (that I like)...Pain (amongst other things) is unavoidable, suffering, which is the pain we hold on to, is optional.

--> this is the "see below"--> So, yes… I had a breakdown earlier this week and I almost threw my cleanse out of the window. But, I’m still going strong (it's actually over tomorrow). I'm eating my fruits and veggies and oatmeal. I sat in a mental corner and purged as much of the negative in me as I could. All for the sake of holding it together. But truthfully, the breakdown was just a mind thing. I had plenty of things in the refrigerator and freezer to eat. Plenty of fruits and vegetables that I LIKE. But just because I couldn’t have cake, sausage dip and wings, I was ready to relinquish my progress and quest for BETTER. Nah… not this time (I was close though, hehe). It all goes back to my old friends statement, “Change the way you think and inevitably you change the way you act.” 

So join me people and purge what's holding you back. And don't get frustrated, it does take time. It takes time to build strength to completely LET GO.

g'nite
stacI

2 comments:

  1. Thank you friend!!! Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having to catch up on your post. You are so much stronger than you previously thought. So proud of your ability to lessons and move forward. And as usual, I love you pic! You are such an original and I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete