Monday, May 17, 2010

My number one fear…

Spiders? NO...
Falling? NO...
Bugs? NO...
Mold? NO...
One thing I’m afraid of the most is being alone. Not in the sense of being a woman without a man, but truly being the only one. As I’ve mentioned before, my little brother died 10 years ago. It was just me and him (along with mama and daddy). So, now I think about how my life will be once my parents die as well. There will be no nieces or nephews, no brother or sister, no mama or daddy. No one will be here who has an immediate blood connection to me. And this thought saddens me. BUT, I try not to think this way for long, because I’ll have wonderful memories and thoughts to carry me. I’ll tell anyone my childhood (and adulthood) is a blessing to me, I'm thankful for it. And, andandand, there are people in my life who are like family, and they care for me dearly. So, just because that day will come, where I’m truly alone, I will not allow that fear of loneliness or the feeling of abandonment marinate. I delete those thoughts from my mind and appreciate each person in my life for what they are now and for how they’ve loved and impacted me. Living in the now, for today, right?

I’m still working on my mind people…

see ya
stacI


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment