Monday, May 3, 2010

"Some people, got to have it"

Okay, time to stop running from this and TALK ABOUT IT and FIGURE IT OUT.

So, something needs to be done to tackle my finances. I work work work and everything goes to bills and financial obligations. I have no room to play or save. No play, no save. JUST BILLS. My mommy instilled the principle of saving and developing a “cushion” in case of a disaster (I know, such a dramatic word). I know the importance of saving, I do. But it’s hard when bills keep popping up. MONTH AFTER MONTH. One of my girlfriends regularly harasses me about personal finances and I greatly appreciate her. She provides literature, which I don’t read. She sends resourceful links, that fade into my cluttered inbox. She puts articles (in magazines) on my desk, which I turn from and start to look at pictures. But it’s time to get serious. If anything happens to one of the parentals, I will be responsible for taking care of things. Now, I’ll never be the financial guru that my friend is, but improvements must be made. One step at a time, I’ll recognize my weak areas and change to better my finances.

First goal:
Pay off one credit card.
In three months, you'll all be proud of me
=)
watch!!!

We’ll talk more about this later
See ya
StacI

No comments:

Post a Comment