Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sticking with it

So, here we are, we’ve entered into the second month of the New Year. It’s still shocking to me how fast time is moving. I know I keep saying that, but it’s unbelievable to me how fast life is going along. The New Year has started off nicely for me. I’ve exercised on a consistent basis and reduced the amount of junk food I’ve eaten. I've planned out my bills for the year and figured how to reduce some of my debt ^_^

So now.... I’m participating in a biggest loser competition with a group of colleagues. I’m doing everything right (balanced diet and exercise) and the weight is creeping off or standing still. It’s krazy to me. If I was doing what I’m doing now 4 years ago when I was 24, I’d be at my goal weight now. But noooo… this is a slow slow process. I guess I’m dealing with some twisted metabolism type of thing.

Two weeks ago, when I weighed in last, I was irritated and I was about to get angry and blow up something. I thought about sabotaging my friends progress by adding some weight gain powder to her water (since she loses 5 pounds each weigh in). I even almost said to hell with this. Then I had an epiphany. This is my journey, I have to take out all the clutter of comparing myself to others and trying to figure out what others are doing. I like my plan and I feel better because my physical activity has increased tremendously. I’m exercising 6-7 days a week and my energy level is (almost) sky high. I’m optimistic about staying focused so I can see results that will last. What works for one person may not be the best thing for another. I’ve NEVER been one to be jealous, so I’m happy for my friend (who loses 5 pounds each weigh in), although... she might want to take her water with her when she leaves her desk… j/k. hehe. I'm proud of her and I'm sticking with what I'm doing...

Life is good.
Ttyl
Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment