Sunday, July 11, 2010

What about me?

I get wrapped up in taking care of other people. Sometimes I get the “save the world” mindset, while “I” and “me” lag in the background. I’ll spend my last dime to make sure someone else is content or comfortable, while I leave something important to me on the back burner. I don’t know how to ask for help but I’m readily available when others need assistance. I’ll put others first while I’m internally dissatisfied and frustrated. This is not a self bash paragraph, it’s just the truth. I’ve stopped seeing myself.


Anywho, I’ve said before, I’m important to me and I have to put myself before others. NOT in a selfish sense, but I have to make sure I am taken care of and happy. That way, when others call upon stacI, she’ll be (mentally, emotionally and physically) strong enough to deliver.

I can come up with a million reasons for why I’ve neglected myself. This pattern of self neglect is swiftly approaching the stop sign. Hence, comes, NUMBER ONE, the workout schedule.

I had pretty good weekend for myself. Friday, I got a deep tissue massage, that left my back SHOCKED and SORE (just like my legs (from cycling), which are, BY THE WAY, in severe pain right now). I know in the long run, I’ll feel a lot better and a lot more relaxed. NUMBER TWO, regular massage appointments.

I’m one of the most important things on this earth (just like you are.) So, I’ll have my regular massage appointments and I’ll paint my fingernails and I’ll take trips to visit fascinating people and I’ll work out like a maniac and I’ll schedule appointments when things hurt and I’ll say no and I’ll take care of myself first and vow to never stop seeing myself again!!!

Love ya lots                 
stacI

3 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get wrapped up in taking care of other people and neglecting yourself. I've totally been there. It's hard to remember to put yourself first sometimes, but it's totally important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone once said " if you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of others?". Taking care of you might mean a trip to the salon or spa, retail shopping or just curling up with a good book. Do whatever pleases you and you'll see that you'll be more eager to help everyone because you'll be in a greater mood! I'm ayan from 20SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both...
    you're soooo right
    i'm working on it

    ReplyDelete