Tuesday, October 5, 2010

i miss my girls!!!

DEEP SIGH and a HUGE SMILE. I just sent an e-mail to my special ladies about us spending more time together. I need my girlfriends in my life. A few months ago, I wrote a post about how important my friends are to me, my lifelines. And yes, I know we’re all very busy (now that the carefree and untroubled days at WSSU are lost in the wind), but we’ve got to do better with scheduling time for each other. This hitting and missing is kinda killing me. I proposed, to the ladies, that we commit to really doing something together four times a year (only four times a year, should be easy right?).

I think we need to schedule these special girl moments to keep our sanity. We’re important to us and we need to connect without boyfriends, husbands, children, inhibitions, stress, cell phones and whatever else. So, we can do things like, go to museums, wine tasting, shoe window-shopping, aerobics or yoga classes, pottery/painting/cooking classes, visit the theater, day trips, paint ball fights, watch documentaries. There’s a whole assortment of things we can do. Commitment is the word we have to adapt in order to make this successful.

I’m excited. I hope, wish and pray that they accept my proposal AND that I’m not the only person who gets stuck planning things for us.

toodles...
stacI

No comments:

Post a Comment