Thursday, March 25, 2010

Becoming aware

After a few days on the cleanse, I’m doing very well. I’ve been eating my veggies, beans and fruit. I’ve been drinking my water and Naked juices. I’m not overeating and I’m feeling optimistic. But most importantly, I’m becoming aware of a few of my bad habits. I’m acknowledging certain aspects in myself. I believe it is important to be aware of my thoughts, general behaviors, feelings and the whole nine in order to evoke a successful change. To know how I interact with myself so necessary changes can be made (sorry, I’m being redundant). I kind of liked this: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/selfdevt/becomingaware.asp and it makes so much sense. Now, I’m not completely aware of everything. I’m still oblivious about some things as it pertains to ME… but I’m working on it.

I recognize the urges now (that I ignored once or gave in to) to visit the snack machine and gas station (behind my job) to grab a snack. I’m a snack-er and emotional eater.

When I’m bored, I generally go for Cheetos, Doritos or potato chips. When I get frustrated, or super emotional, I want a piece of red velvet cake, cupcake or lemon bar. Thank goodness I’m determined to do BETTER and working on adjusting my mindset. Bored and frustrated are feelings that may come and go unexpectedly. They’re natural and I have to learn to deal with them other ways besides self-medicating with junk food. So, I say what I feel out loud (to no one or who ever is listening) and LET IT GO. Yesterday I was FRUSTRATED and I said, “I WANT SOMETHING SWEET.” My friend William pointed to my Naked juice and he mentioned the last paragraph of the CLEANSE JUMP OFF post. Of course, I made a stubborn face for a second, but I quickly pulled it together and took a sip of my juice. Any other time, I would’ve been in that candy bowl so fast, it would make your head spin. I am determined to be successful at this cleanse and adapting a better life. I’ve spent enough time playing and it’s time to get serious.
So, again I say, with good people in my life and my intention I am BECOMING AWARE and working on self-control to ultimately become better. I’ll keep you all updated as more consciousnesses appear from outta my mind (a little dramatic, yea? hehe)

Ttyl
stacI


1 comment:

  1. First, you have the most amazing eyes and I know you posted those pictures to make me jealous! Now, for the more important stuff. You should be so proud of yourself. You have taken this to a whole other level in become mindful of your actions. I feel you on the emotional eating thing because I am the queen of it. Glad to see that you are working so hard on the lifestyle change. Call me if you need me. Apprecialove you.

    ReplyDelete