Tuesday, March 23, 2010

i KNOW what i LIKE

During one class session, my yoga instructor, Donah, encouraged us to think about the things we LIKE. She explained that oftentimes, people are able to pinpoint what they don’t like at the drop of a dime. For instance, if person A says to person B, “What do you want to do today?” Person B will respond and say, “I don’t know, I know I DON’T want to go to the mall” OR if person B says to person A, “Where do you want to go eat?” Person A will say, “I DON’T want seafood.” So, it’s important to recognize what we like and acknowledge those things. To be sure of ourselves and try to eliminate words like DON'T, from our vocabulary, as much as possible.

So, last year sometime, I created a photo album on facebook called I SIMPLY REMEMBER MY FAVORITE THINGS… It was an album to identify a few things I like. I’ll share some of the photos throughout this post. I took Donah’s advice and compiled a list of 50 things I LIKE:
~kissing
~ice cold water
~texting
~plucking my eyebrows
~aggravating my daddy (it’s all love though)
~looking at old photographs
~shrimp fried rice
~love
~art galleries
~foreign films
~ginger ale
~facebooking
~traveling
~warm weather (minus the allergies)
~thrift store and yard sale shopping
~music
~how I look in black
~writing
~chewing pencils
~museums
~my family and friends
~going to movies
~shoe shopping
~pretending I’m performing in a concert
~playing UNO
~dancing
~lip gloss
~turtles
~celebrations
~dill pickles
~tasting tears
~poetry
~my skin
~children
~bakeries
~coloring or painting
~orbit bubblemint
~reflecting on good memories
~the rain and thunderstorms
~going on dates
~the elderly
~Anthropologie
~quiet time/breathing
~shrimp
~vintage jewelry
~expressing myself
~receiving attention (not that I’m an attention getter)
~visiting the bookstore
~making up situations in my head and playing them out
~ME!!!!

Now, this is not everything I like. I just had to trim my list to 50 or it’ll go on forever. I get excited about the smallest thing and I like that too. I encourage you to write a list of things you like too. And share…
ttyl
stacI
                   



No comments:

Post a Comment