Monday, March 15, 2010

Personal Blueprint (aka the plan)

On Saturday, I attended a wellness meeting to discuss eating habits and how to transform into a better lifestyle. We talked about various cleanses, substitutes and goals. For 15 days, I will participate in a cleanse with a group of ladies. My purpose for doing this is to “jump start to better health and to give my organs a rest” <-- got that from my worksheet.
I will share a couple of the Do’s and Don’ts from the worksheet:
(special thanks to Kesha for the WONDERFUL worksheet)

* Do look up restaurant menus in advance to be well prepared
* Do take control of your own health and improve it day by day
* Don’t become a starchetarian
* Don’t use your mistakes as an excuse to break the cleanse.

I will maintain a vegetarian diet by eating only fruits, veggies, nuts and oatmeal. Drink water, tea (sugar free) and Naked (I love those juices). Once my 15 days is complete, I will maintain a lifestyle of healthy eating. I have no choice. High blood pressure and Cancer are very real in my family.

Anyway, this cleanse leads me to the PLAN (that I’ve finally completed)…



The purpose of the plan is to solidify the steps that I’ll take to achieve BETTER. Like I told a girlfriend last week, I’m sort of an all over the place type person and if I do not write this down and organize my thoughts, then this journey will look like the photos of my nightstand, a mess. Additionally, I'll have to make this as simple as possible so it'll be easy to follow.

Body
~Maintain a healthy lifestyle of eating. And by healthy lifestyle I mean consuming primarily fruits and vegetables with very little meat. I have a tendency to have more meat than veggies on my plate. Not good. Also, I will lay way off the white bread, rice and sugar. I will allow myself to have something GOOD (that’s really BAD) ONCE a week. I don’t believe in completely depriving myself from cupcakes and macaroni and fries so, I will CONTROL myself with a once a week allowance.
~My physical fitness MUST increase. I’m one of those people who will HAVE to exercise to remain physically healthy. Five to Six days of aerobics with weightlifting and yoga should do it for me =).

Mind
~Adjust my mindset and let go of things I cannot control.
~Regular prayer and meditation to keep a clear mind.
A friend I once had said to me, “Change the way you think and inevitability you change the way you act. Change your mind; change your life.”

Relationships
~Most of my relationships with people are intact for the most part. I have a hard time of letting go of people (we’ll discuss the letting go factor later) and understanding that everyone is not meant to BE long term.
~Reconnect with important people who are genuinely concerned and care for my best interest.

So, that's it for now. Who knows, I'll prolly think of something else. Later we'll discuss goals and progress and other stuff like that. The goal is to become totally aware of myself and my actions.
until next time...
HAVE A GOOD ONE...
stacI

1 comment:

  1. One more thing that I just learned the hard way. Listen to your body. If something isn't working don't continue, find another way. See my blog for a further explanation. Call me if you need me.

    ReplyDelete